Monday, July 16, 2012

Celebrity Run Ins

So the title is not as exciting as real life.  While Mom was up for a visit we opted to check out the Madame Tussauds Wax museum.  I have been to a wax museum before but it was years ago and honestly I dont remember much about it. (it was that good!)

Well I had just bought a new lens for my camera a 50mm 1.4 prime lens.  Its pretty much a portrait lens and where better to practice taking portraits than a wax museum where the subjects can hold a pose all day and not get tired.  They also dont talk back.  They also dont care if you take 100 pictures of them. 

Overall I enjoyed the wax museum, and the interaction they allow you to have with the figures.  Technically you are not supposed to touch, but obviously no one follows directions. I liked how they had scenes you could put yourself in or you could have your picture taken with your favorite celebrity (provided your favorite celebrity has a wax figure there). 

The museum has all of the presidents as well as national figures of the time.  It then goes into some Hollywood Celebrities, and then some athletes. 

Here are a few of the photos I took while there,  the full set it available on my flickr page. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum 

Discussing early nation building with John Adams

J LO was nice enough to pose with me for a moment

Taking in a show with Abe. 

I thought the Tom Cruise figure looked pretty lifelike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment