Thursday, June 28, 2012

My first real outing.


So my first week up here was spent driving around to every wal-mart in the area.....there is nothing super about the supercenters up here. I also made a few trips to the Home Depot, as well as the cable company. As exciting as those places were, that is not what I had in mind when I was thinking DC might be a cool place to live.

So the second weekend I was up here, I went out for my first real outing. A walk around Washington DC. What could possibly be more exciting than walking around DC. For the record, springtime in DC means beautiful cool weather. Being from Texas I am used to hot muggy springs, but this was not the case.

To be honest, I was pretty excited about seeing all I could see, and snapping photos of everything. I have this fascination with seeing things live that I have seen on TV, and who hasnt seen DC on TV.

Here is a photo hike, of where I went. I didnt go into most of the places and i just walked around the Mall to get a feel for the area. I hope to provide future posts that are more specific to the individual places.




The Library of Congress
(Well one of the buildings anyway)
The U.S. Supreme Court

The U.S. Capital
The National Archives

J. Edgar Hoover FBI

Thhe White House
(the water is green because it was St. Patricks Day)

Vietnam War Memorial

The White House
(from Pennsylvania Ave)

The U.S. Treausry Department

The Washington Monument

The World War II Memorial

Korean War Memorial

The Lincoln Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment